Sunday, April 06, 2008

Prepping for the CPLP

It's been three years since I prepared for and sat the CPLP Knowledge-based Exam and I'm thrilled to discover how much of the material has stayed with me.

Sure, I revisit the material quite a bit while coaching new CPLP candidates, but in terms of understanding the material well enough to pass the exam, it's mostly an overview for me at this point.

That is, until I am re-introduced to subjects that caught my fancy back then, and find that they still catch my fancy today.

Like this presentation by Meg Wheatley, based on her book "Finding Our Way: Leadership for an Uncertain Time."

Ms. Wheatley is well known in business management circles for her work in Chaos Theory and Systems Theory. Anyone who's feeling a bit out-of-synch with what's happening in corporations today should pick up a copy of "Leadership and the New Science: Discovering Order in a Chaotic World" for some explanations and insights into how we're making the shift from Industrial Age to Information Age.

And CPLP candidates - I can't recommend better material for developing applied knowledge of how these theories are being applied to business (and are addressed on the exam).

So watch the video. Let me know your thoughts by leaving a comment below.

What's floating your boat? What have you learned in the course of the certification process that has really resonated with you? Post below!



~ Trish Uhl, PMP, CPLP
Owl's Ledge LLC
http://www.cplpcoach.com/
http://www.cplpstudyprep.com/

No comments: