- AOE 3 - Improving Human Performance
- AOE 5 - Facilitating Organizational Change
- AOE 6 - Managing the Learning Function
This is a great relief since many candidates felt like they were submitting 'round pegs in square holes' when attempting to submit in AOEs that really don't relate to what they do on a daily basis.
For example, functional managers scrambling to submit instructional design documents - when that's not something they've done in years...
Now the wait is over!
These Areas of Expertise are available to all Fall/Winter 2007 CPLP Knowledge-based Exam candidates (whose work product submission is due February 2008) - if you act fast!
You must notify the ASTD Certification Institute of your desire to participate in the pilot for one of these AOEs - ASAP. You can do that by sending email to email@example.com
So - the question is, what are these work products all about? What types of evidence can be submitted for each?
Here's the short list of examples of the types of evidence you could submit for each:
(Note: Always refer to the ASTD CI Candidate Bulletin for detailed requirements.)
AOE 3 - Improving Human Performance
- Performance plan
- Appraisal system
- Team intervention
- Coaching plan
- Six Sigma program
- Succession plan
- Offsite plan
- Training program
- Workspace/workplace redesign
- Employee Performance Support System (EPSS)
AOE 5- Facilitating Organizational Change - documentation should address:
- Initial contact or the presenting issue
- Proposal/contract/plan/statement of work (SOW)
- Facilitated action
AOE 6 - Managing the Learning Function - evidence is one (1) of the following options:
- OPTION 1: A learning function annual report that you have produced.
- OPTION 2: A project management report of the development of a learning product, such as curriculum or a course.
- OPTION 3: Individual documents that you have produced that are pertinent to managing the learning function or a project within the learning function of your company.
The new Areas of Expertise require responses to the same types of essay-style questions as the others - including eight (8) Core Component Questions and two (2) Follow-On Questions.
The Core Component Questions for each AOE address the four (4) main areas - Project Relationships, Planning, Output, and Outcomes.
We're working on tips, tricks and the inside scoop for how best to submit work product for these new Areas of Expertise! Please contact us if you're participating in these submissions and/or you have something to share!
Good luck to all September/October CPLP exam takers! We'll see you on the other side of Phase I! :-)